Take your display advertising to the next level with Programmatic Adverting through Autoweb Design
So, you currently advertise on Google’s Display Network; it’s going well and you’re wondering what’s the next step, or you may have just heard the term “Programmatic Advertising” before and you want to investigate if this is the right option for your business.
Before taking the plunge and embarking on a journey down the programmatic advertising route, it’s important to understand (a) what it is, and (b) why you need it.
There are a few descriptions out there for programmatic, that you may have heard…
- It’s where ads are bought like products on Amazon.
- It’s auction based, like the search ads on Google and Bing.
- It’s buying specific audiences using lots of data to figure out the right ad, the right person and the right time.
What is Programmatic Advertising?
- By definition, Programmatic Advertising is the automated buying and selling of online advertising space using technology. Programmatic ads are placed using artificial intelligence (AI) and real-time bidding (RTB) for online display to target the right user at the right time.
- Put simply, it’s a means of audience profiling using consumer data to segment, target and show relevant advertising to generate awareness and engagement. Often this is referred to as prospecting.
Why Use Programmatic Advertising?
- If you currently use Google’s Display Network (GDN) for display advertising, your campaigns can run using “interest” and “topic” third-party targeting options, though you are limited to Google’s data only, and on the first-party side of things, you are limited to remarketing only.
- Programmatic display buying has a big advantage over GDN on both the first-party and third-party behavioural side because of the reach of data sources. First-party data in programmatic buying has the potential to be much richer than just retargeting – for example, a dealership could target sets of users based on a “recency, frequency, and monetary” methodology, with the data derived from actual customer purchase behaviour. On the third-party data side, there are dozens of behavioural data companies more than willing to sell advertisers slices and dices of data in order to profile a specific audience.
At Autoweb Design we take your display advertising to the next level by providing a bespoke, end-to-end solution that meets your marketing objectives using a blend of prospecting for new visitors, and retargeting existing users through a mix of contextual, demographic, behavioural, geo-locational, lookalike and domain targeting.